I am adding two new ABC Does conferences to the repertoire!
Heads Up on Early Years
The conference is intended for Headteachers, members of the Senior Leadership Team and Governors who are looking for strategies that will enable them to make effective judgements about levels of attainment both within and outside of direct teaching in EYFS.
During the day I will be covering
- The principles of effective EYFS practice
- How to recognise and track attainment in EYFS
- Rigour in all aspects of teaching and learning
- High level attainment through effective learning
- Age related scores v sub levels
- Appropriate Lesson Observation in EYFS
- How to create an effective learning environment
- What is Continuous Provision and how does it work
- Effective direct teaching in an EYFS day
- Child led learning at its best (and worst)
- Effective teaching of basic skills
- Realistic performance management targets for EYFS staff
- Lots of time for questions and answers
and of course lots more.
I am intending to keep numbers fairly small for this conference so that there will be lots of opportunity for questions and discussion.
Effective Transition into Year One - No Space! No Staff! No Stuff!
As adults we can find the transitions that we make in our life nerve wracking and unsettling. It could be starting a new job or moving to a new area. We often don’t feel happy and settled until things become a bit more familiar.
This sort of feeling is no different for children, in fact it is likely to be greatly magnified. As adults we have a great deal of prior knowledge and experience of life to draw on, whereas children have significantly less. They don’t know from experience that everything is likely to be alright or have strategies for dealing with the situation if it isn’t.
That is why good transitions are crucial both for children’s emotional wellbeing and their potential for attainment.
During the day we will be looking at
- Best practice principles in Early Years
- What EYFS practice should look like in Year One
- The impact of children's well being on their attainment
- Practical examples of effective transition practice
- Planning formats and timetabling that support transition
- Rigour in a play bsaed environment
- Challenge in Continous Provision
- Continuous Provision and Child Initiated Learning in a Year One classroom
- Role of the adult in facilitating effective transition
I have also added more dates and venues for Excellence in Early Years and From Mark Maker to Writer.
If you can make it, it would be great to see you. You can find all of the details on the 'Conferences' tab at the top of the page.
Superhero and Book Giveaway
This weeks FIVE competition winners are..
Could you please all contact me at [email protected] to let me know the address that you would like your prizes to be sent to?